Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tag along

Tagged by SqGl am I:

The "rules" of the game: Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.

Ten years ago:
I lived right here, in sunny Walla Walla, and worked at the same place (albeit in a totally different job). Our hottest plan at the time was to go to Belize and Guatemala for Christmas, the first time traveling abroad together for the butterfly lady and I.

Five things in today’s to do list:
1) Respond to the tag SqGl left me.
2) Call the kennel (Damn! Have to do that now! ... Ha. Done.).
3) Watch a movie.
4) Do not weave. Do not do yard work. Let hands heal from too much of both.
5) Make something interesting for dinner. I have lots of great ingredients (squash, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes) and no brilliant ideas.

Snacks I enjoy: Peanuts. Well-aged cheddar cheese. Licorice. Pretzels (the stick kind). Olives. Baklava. Shoot what don't I like?

Things I would do if I were a millionaire:
  • Stop working (OK, I would probably keep weaving).
  • Travel more - My to-go list has a lot of entries.
  • Swim more, read more, watch more movies.
  • Donate more to the Dian Fossey Gorilla Fund.
  • Shoot, the list could probably go on for a while. I think what I'm saying here is that when I can retire, I will, and I most certainly won't be one of those people who finds the free time boring.
Places I have lived:
How liberal are we being here? If you include part of a summer, or a few months a year for a few years:

Rickreall, Oregon (actually, in the country outside Rickreall) (population 57)
Salem, Oregon
Hopewell, Oregon (actually, in the country outside Hopewell) (population too low to count)
Reeds Spring, Missouri (population 465)
Salem again
Walla Walla, Washington
Del Mar, California (there's the stretch, but I did take up residence there, even if only briefly)
Newmarket, New Hampshire (home of the Mules)
Walla Walla again

Ahh, who to tag? How about Mama, Mama II, Johnny Yen (I know he's got a list), the butterfly lady and Lulu.

1 comment:

Johnny Yen said...

Thanks for the tag!