Monday, April 10, 2006

Easy parcheesi peanut butter cookies

Not even remotely hard:

1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1/2 cup brown sugar (banned in China)
1/2 cup white sugar (sorta banned in the North during the Civil War)

cream 'em and add:

1 cup peanut butter (I use Adams chunky)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon vanilla (the only place I diverge from Joy of Cooking, which calls for less)

add 1.5 cups flour and convert into dough.

roll into little balls and squash with a fork on the cookie sheet.

Joy of Cooking claims you can get five dozen cookies. I got 53.

Very good, crumbly and rich.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an ass load of cookies. You can get Julia Child's Joy of Cooking videos from Netflix, by the way. Lol at brown sugar.

Anonymous said...

Holy Cows Man!!!!!!!! Bring on the cookies! I expect a batch in my mailbox by weeks end!!!!!!