Friday, April 21, 2006

A family favorite

They're more expensive than other brands, so I've tried all the others and haven't found any that can top King Oscar Sardines.

As the above link shows, the 'dines come in a dizzying array of flavors (in oil, salsa, mustard and whatnot) and formats (single-layer, double-layer, cross-pack).
The best of the bunch that I've had is double-layer in olive oil, but I would like to try cross-pack in olive oil sometime, too!

I wonder if the majority of sardine naysayers have even tried King Oscar (which as it happens are distributed by BumbleBee). If I had only encountered the other varieties, I wouldn't like the leetle fishies either.

The company Web site also has this delicious line:

"The brand, the quality, the new flavors, the new usage situations: King Oscar is still alive and kicking, 100 years old."

Ah yes, the new usage situations... they're endless.

No comments: