- $34.60 for sewer
- $3.18 for storm water
- $16.81 for trash
- $1.90 for recycling
- 67 cents in trash tax. Why they don't fold that into the $16.81 is a mystery.
- $18.07 for water
On Friday in the paper, we published a small column the city is submitting each week to try to get people on board with water conservation.
I think you know where I'm headed here, but I'll just say it anyway.
Maybe it is time to ditch the set fee and switch to a sliding scale for use. I usually pay $24 for 600 cubic feet, so how about:
- $4 per 100 cubic feet for the first 10 units.
- $8 per unit for units 11-20.
- $16 per unit for units 21-30.
- $32 per unit for units 31 and up.