Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Election Day, long swims & such

Well, so much has happened! OK, not soooo much.
But:

An interesting Election Day unfolded; the forces of anti-development took a hit in the Port of Walla Walla commission race, the gas tax rollback appears doomed, the indoor smoking ban passed, as did Eyman's performance audit brainchild.
Something for everyone, I think.
My faves: Both of the heavily campaigned initiatives aimed at protecting the rich from the poor failed. Talk about a failure to communicate: I still can't tell you what the point of either initiative really is.
I think that if you spend millions of dollars on advertising for your "citizen" initiatives and you can't get out a message more involved than "uh, huge awards for non-economic damages are bad!" or "bad doctors are bad!" you pretty much get what you deserve when your special-interest initiative fails. I guess doctors and lawyers don't have anything better to spend their money on than contributing to my paycheck :)

Also, sandwiched a 2,300-yard (including 1,800 straight) workout Monday between a couple of lightweight days. So I guess that accomplishes my early goal of a mile without a break. Must devise new goals...

Also also, got pointed at this: www.bricktestament.com. A bit creepy, a bit silly, plenty fun...

No comments: