Besides bringing home ideas, I also found:
- The Reston Community Center has a decent pool. 85 degrees, but it was a good deal.
- Gas was 30 cents a gallon cheaper there than here.
- Jammin' Java, in Vienna, Va., is the best venue I've ever been to a show at.
- Charlotte Martin was better than I expected, but still just pretty good (In my notebook, I wrote "This is what Tori Amos would have sounded like if she'd started with a drummer and a fancy piano thing" but I also wrote "All these piano licks are familiar" and "Joe Purdy rocked. Charlotte Martin should have opened for him").
- Joe Purdy rocked. Plus, he's very funny.
- If you need a cab in the Reston/Dulles area, call Mohisin Choudhry - (571) 232-6801 anytime. He's on call and a good guy to ride around with.
Oh, and it is good to be back :)