Thursday, June 01, 2006

yardage increase (finally)

Consistency hasn't exactly been my middle name lately, but the past few swims have been 2,600 meters with time to spare (not much, but a few minutes). My tentative goal for the summer is to get to 3,000, which should be doable because I could probably hit 2,700 or 2,750 right now.

I've been going up in 200-meter increments for no apparent reason (kind of like wearing a glove on your left hand if you're Bill Buckner or Michael Jackson), and I think I like the pattern. Ideally, of course, I would get to 3,200 by Sept. 6, but I'm not sure that's a plausible goal. It would be cool, though!

By then, the new pool should be open at the alma mater, which will pose a dilemma or two. If I can weasel in, it would be free, in which case the butterfly lady says she'd go, too, and if the hours work, it would be hard to justify the cost of the current venue, which has the advantage of being a place I am comfortable (and know two or three people).

Ugh. Who knows. Free is a very good price.

No comments: