Sunday, May 21, 2006

Donner und Blitzen

the above were responsible for an abbreviated swim Friday, but were accompanied by nearly three-quarters of an inch of rain in our fair city, which predictably overwhelmed a lot of the drains around here... pretty spectacular, I would guess, but I didn't see any of it because of being in the pool, where the lights went out with 15 minutes to go.

On the bright side, I was way ahead of the usual pace, just as I was today. Garybob is either slowing down or I'm speeding up - or both, I suppose - because he now laps me maybe three times during the whole workout. I'm a bit suspicious that he doesn't actually make a whole mile because I know how far I go and how many times he passes me and I can do plus and minus in my head :)

Now it is gray, and the youngins even got some sprinkles during today's escape ceremony - a truly remarkable happening. Water typically stays skyward bound for the annual exercise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I escaped the escape ceremony :-) p.s. I love ewe :+)