Sunday, May 14, 2006

Speedo, Day 1

The pool bleached my trunks so much in the past few months that I might soon have overtaken Monkey Playing Soldier as the best candidate for naked guy (He has, however, bought new trunks - bright red - so he's not really a candidate anymore. Plus, he doesn't use the same sweeping action during his backstroke, so he's fast escaping Nicknamesville.)

My response was to travel south with wifey to pay a visit to Cinco Grande, where we bought a Speedo for me and one for her, as well as two swim caps and a pair of TYR Socket Rocket 2.0s for her.

Now, I'm more of a Montebarra Swedish goggles guy, but you can't buy those here, so hey. At any rate, Grosse Funf has such kickass prices that we were able to score all the goods for less than her suit would have cost at numerous online outlets.

The upshot, of course, was that I had the first day of speedo-ism, which was fine. They are, after all, more comfy and speedy :)

I noticed that Garybob was on hand, but only for an abbreviated swim, and I lent my spare pair of Swedish goggles to Ed (who I thought was named Dave, for some unknowable reason), which he seemed to like. Hurray for Swedish goggles!

Besides all this nonsense, I put in the usual mile and a half, in the usual time, and the physical ailments didn't throw up any roadblocks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAIT, WAIT, HOLD ON...ah, ahhhhh, my eyes, my eyes....are you telling me that when you are swimming you are in a............................................SPEEDO...

I am VERY disturbed...can't read the rest of the entry once that visual came into my head.

Bleck...I mean you are attractive enough of a person but....NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Speedo visuals.....come on!