Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh man, another missed holiday

You might not have noticed, but May 1 was proclaimed Law Day, U.S.A., by our busy president.

His proclamation included this summons to action:
I call upon all the people of the United States
to observe this day with appropriate
ceremonies and activities.
I also call upon Government officials to display
the flag of the United States
in support of this national observance.
I'm not sure Part A was accomplished, but I'm pretty sure Part B was not a big deal. What constitutes appropriate activities and ceremonies? I'm not sure, and I'm also not sure this big day will hold up under much scrutiny. To wit, check out the creepy theme for this year's Law Day:
"Liberty Under Law: Empowering Youth, Assuring Democracy"
What? Why is liberty *under* law? To keep the militias down?

w e i r d

No comments: