Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tag!

Thank you, Lulu.

Three screen names that you’ve had:
Triton, Mediahound, Losmoros

Three things you like about yourself:
My sense of humor. My smile (One of the top five nicest things anyone has said to me: "you have a kind smile"). My ability to relate to others.

Three things you don’t like about yourself:
I can be impulsive. I apparently mock people sometimes (I must make that more subtle). I tend to be shy.

Three parts of your heritage:
I’m Scottish, which means I like whisky and kilts and bagpipes and bad weather. I’m Ukrainian (but not in the majority, ethnicity-wise), so I'm good at fleeing the country before they come to kill me. I'm Indian (in a very vague, medical missionary sort of way), so I cook fantastic food.

Three things that scare you:
Religious extremism. Climate change. Yellow jackets/hornets.

Three of your everyday essentials:
Coffee. Peanut butter. Kisses & hugs.

Three things you are wearing right now:
A Le Tigre polo shirt. LL Bean military-style khakis. A red, ultra-fine, felt-tipped pen (PMOP, which I think is Paper Mate, a division of Newell Rubbermaid). This would be city editor uniform apparel.

Three of your favorite songs:
Pancho & Lefty ~~ Townes Van Zandt. Shelter from the Storm ~~ Bob Dylan. Why You ~~ Joe Purdy.

Three things you want in a relationship:
Shared values. Humor. Hot sex. (all in large quantities!)

Two truths and a lie:
When I talk in my sleep, I speak German or French. Because of my time in a foreign military. I am allergic to iceberg lettuce.

Three things you can’t live without:
Reading. Good food. Swimming/exercise (as a result of the second, perhaps).

Three places you want to go on vacation:
Algeria, to hike, look for birds in the Atlas Mountains and sit in cafes. Spain, to hike, look for birds in the Pyrenees and sit in cafes. Japan, to hang out in shrines, sightsee, eat, shop and generally have fun with my dad and the butterfly lady.

Three things you just can’t do:
Be an apathetic bystander. Publicly state most of my political opinions (part of my job, alas, is keeping these to myself). Vote for anyone who intends to - or has a track record of - restricting constitutionally guaranteed civil liberties.

Three kids names:
Clarice. Mathilde. Ophelia.

Three things you want to do before you die:
Write and publish a novel, too. Go to Scotland for a spell, to hike (Sgurr Alasdair is on my dream list of summits to bag), watch birds, go golfing (I'm not great, but it's Scotland!) and have a glass of whisky... Learn to play a musical instrument.

Three celeb crushes:
Eva Green. Maggie Gyllenhaal. Cate Blanchett.

Three of your favorite musicians:
Townes Van Zandt. Joe Purdy. Tori Amos.

Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you:
All the soft and curvy parts. Luscious lips. Pretty eyes.

Three of your favorite hobbies:
Cooking. Bird watching. Playing word and logic games.

Three things you really want to do badly right now:
Get a massage. Cook up a huge Indian feast attended by all the butterfly lady and my friends and fellow conspirators. Have a double espresso magically appear in my hand while I sit at the summit of Mount Lafayette and look down on Franconia Notch (if it is visible through the clouds/fog/snow).

Three careers you’re considering/you’ve considered:
Writer. Hand weaver. Intelligence agent. These are all roughly the same job, by the way.

Three ways that you are stereotypically a boy:
I like to fix things (sinks, ceiling fans, my loom, you name it). I like spiders and snakes and skunks and frogs. I know far too much about weaponry.

Three ways that you are stereotypically a girl:
I don't like to kill things. I have a lot of stuffed animals. I watch my weight (grr.).

Three people that I would like to see post this meme:
The butterfly lady, Daphne and Tenacious S (who claims to be too busy to blog - pah!)

1 comment:

Chase said...

You made me do it too! I have no idea how to link within the text so...you will just have to look at my blog to see for yourself.

And, BTW, I knew you were awesome but reading your answers made me envy the HEIGHTS of your greatness!

I have the world's grooviest baby brother ever!!

xoxo