- Nurses have too much to do, or hospitals need to hire more of them. Judging from the want ads, I'd say there aren't enough to go around in the first place.
- Many undignified things happen in hospitals.
- If you know what you're doing, the nurses will let you help out. But they won't pay you, except with smiles.
- The butterfly lady is braver and tougher than people might guess from looking at her.
- Northwest has free wireless Internet, but blocks access to flickr and youtube.
- My SIL, who I've known since she was in middle school, has grown up a lot in the past few years. And her husband is nice, too.
- I'm glad to have that place in the rear-view mirror.
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
The hospital scene
Having just spent an interesting 30 hours at Northwest Hospital in Seattle, an observation or two: