Thursday, February 22, 2007

A reading from Second Samuel

Lulu notes that the Cat in the Hat turns a half-century old this year (you can send birthday greetings and cause a book to be donated here), which reminds me of a couple of things:


Rick Ankiel and a few other Cardinals have at times worn their uniforms with a lot of sock showing, and the Cards' socks are very Cat in the Hat.

Besides socks and books, Dr. Seuss also had the very positive effect of inspiring one of my all-time favorite SNL bits:

2 comments:

Field Notes said...

Excellent find! I wondered where you were going with the Second Samual header. I haven't seen that clip in a while.

That you found that piece gives me hope you may be able to find another one of my (our?) favorites...

Remember that commercial for HBO or Showtime of the People of the Forest chimps with famous movie line voice overs? I would *love* to see that again!!

Chase said...

Does the fact that his name is sort of Ankle have anything to do with his Sox wearing? :P