- Haggling over whether to eat at the Ethiopian place, the Japanese place or the Pakistani place (in Walla Walla, the only place to enjoy those cuisines is our dinner table or the table of able friends).
- Large, good bookstores (Walla Walla is OK, but our stores can't hold a candle to Powell's).
- More than one choice of where to buy dog crud for the Newfy, and being able to find a good deal.
- Stylish clothing. Stylish people. In force.
- Ethnic grocery stores. Counting Uwajimaya, large ethnic grocery stores.
- A million other little things.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Things I miss about big cities
A weekend visit to Portland reminded me that some things are better when you live in a more densely populated area: